Engage your child's curiosity with a trip to the California Science Center, and explore the wide variety of learning opportunities available to you and your family! From open ended exploration of the exhibit halls to hands-on science programs and everything in between, you are sure to find a selection of activities that will have your child looking at science in a whole new way. Explore this page to find all of the most relevant information for parents and families!
Visit the California Science Center
Plan your next visit to the California Science Center with the following helpful links! Remember that admission is always free for our permanent exhibit halls.
- Admission, Directions, Parking and more - Get all the information you need to coordinate your visit.
- Permanent and Special Exhibits - Discover what is on display in exhibit galleries throughout the Science Center.
- Live Shows and Demonstrations - Prepare for your visit by learning about our selection of free demonstrations, activities, and shows offered daily!
- IMAX - See a movie on our seven-story IMAX screen!
- Discovery Rooms for Little Learners - Learn about three uniquely innovative rooms designed for children 7 years of age and younger.
Looking for a way to supplement your child's science learning? The California Science Center offers a selection of programs ranging from hour-long to week-long throughout the year. Find out more information by following the links below.
- Homeschool Days - Explore a variety of science topics on days designed specifically for homeschool students!
- Scout Days - Meet scouts from across Southern California and work together on hands-on science activities!
- Big Lab Field Trips - Is your child visiting on a field trip? Enhance their class experience with a facilitated program in the Big Lab!
- Summer Camp - Spend a week investigating the world through hands-on science!
Science Center School
The Dr. Theodore T. Alexander, Jr. Science Center School is a neighborhood school. In accord with the school’s charter, 70% of the students attending the school are to come from the neighborhood around the California Science Center. Download an application or get more information about the school by following the link below.