The California Science Center is an internationally recognized leader in informal science education. Our mission is to stimulate curiosity and inspire science learning in everyone, by creating fun, memorable experiences. Learn more at: californiasciencecenter.org.
King Tut: Treasures of the Golden Pharaoh makes its world premiere at the California Science Center on March 24, 2018! The exhibition includes an exquisite collection of real artifacts from the Boy King’s tomb, many of which King Tut himself used in life and in death, including gold jewelry, colossal sculpture and gilded furniture. Guests will explore the story told by these priceless objects and learn what science has revealed about King Tut’s life and death.
About the Job
Cashiers are responsible for the accurate and speedy processing of ticket sales in the box office and throughout the California Science Center. Cashiers must possess strong communication and customer service skills to share information about exhibits and enhance the guest experience at the California Science Center.
- 1+ years of customer service experience desired.
- Experience with cash handling and working with attractions desired.
- Experience working with the Tessiture Ticketing System desired.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays required.
- Ability to verbally greet and interact with all guests in a friendly, professional manner required.
- Ability to work an 8-hour shift for a minimum of 3 days a week.
- Ability to walk and/or stand for 8 hour work shift.
- Ability to adhere to workplace schedule; possess a strong record for attendance and punctuality.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service to guests with their transactions for paid attractions, exhibits or IMAX films.
- Follow all cash handling procedures while working in the box office or in area attractions, assisting guest with their experience.
- Provide accurate transactions or information about Exposition Park, events, exhibits, IMAX films schedules, IMAX films oversold/sold out, group check-in procedures, coupons, discounts, group, refunds/exchanges, consignment, complimentary ticket, and gift certificate procedures.
- Adhere to standards for maintaining a clean work area, controlling shortages (avoid being over/short in the amount of $3 in any given month), deposits, securing daily bank, and stocking materials / supplies / brochures.
- Follow all work place safety policies and procedures including those in area attractions, such as the “High Wire Bicycle” and “Climbing Wall” and when dealing with crises or emergencies.
- Operate the Tessitura Ticketing system correctly/accurately to process transaction in accordance with expectations.
- Perform other duties as required
$12.50 per hour
Send Cover Letter, Resume, Salary Target and Job Application to the HR Dept. via fax at 213-744-2673, email to HR@cscmail.org, or mail to the California Science Center Foundation, H. R. Dept, 700 Exposition Park Dr., Los Angeles, CA 90037. Only applications that include a cover letter, resume, salary target and completed job application will be considered. No phone calls please. EOE.